5th blog post!
Rewind to last week, pre hurricane evacuation, I learned about Diigo. I had never heard of this website before, so using it was very different. However, I must say I was very impressed with it. Having the capability to note different websites and share it with colleges so easily is a great tool to obtain. I was quite confused in the beginning, especially when I was trying to bookmark it to the top of my screen. But when I got everything installed I really enjoyed using it, and having such easy access to everyone else's bookmarked websites. Though I enjoyed using Diigo, I don't believe I will use it with my students in the future. It is too complex for four year olds. However, it is a great tool to have when sharing ideas with the other teachers.
Since this is my fifth blog post, I believe I have gotten use to it... At first I had no idea what to talk about nor the tone of the post. I remember putting so much thought in to the first blog I wrote, it basically was a published book! I have enjoyed typing out my experiences and thoughts through out this semester in EME2040, and I appreciate doing something different than the basic Canvas Discussion board. However, I don't believe this blogging will continue after this semester, especially since I won't have topics written out for me to discuss!
A web 2.0 tool that I will take advantage of as a teacher is Pinterest. Pinterest, though it sounds childish, has endless amounts of teaching ideas. You are able to search millions of ideas from science crafts, to full on lesson plans. I believe this is a great tool for me to use, because as a kindergarten teacher you are expected to have hundreds of crafts on hand, and Pinterest is a great tool to create them! Not only am I able to search for ideas, but I can share my own as well! Teachers are able to create shared boards in which they can share with lesson plans, crafts, and decorating ideas with each other instantly.
xoxo,
Kat
No comments:
Post a Comment