Blog post #9
The flipped classroom is a very interesting way to teach. In a quick explanation, flipped classroom means you have the students learn the material before class and during class you assign them homework and answer any questions they may have. I personally do not think I would use this strategy for multiple reasons. The first reason being it puts all of the work on the student to learn the material on their own... not only does that discourage their eagerness to learn (because it is cutting into their free time out of school), but it is also extremely difficult to try and teach yourself a lesson that you have never been taught. I believe it is much more efficient to take the class time to teach the students the lesson, and have them complete the assignment on their own time, allowing them to take as long as they need.
After doing the power point assignments have been more aware of how there is a wide variety of things that can be done on power point. I learned how to link pages to create games like jeopardy or a story slide like the milkmaid and her pail. I feel as though I learned a lot more of the cool skills that are provided in power point.
No comments:
Post a Comment